Coffee and fat. Yum. It actually is quite good.
Bulletproof protein smoothie
The basic recipe for bulletproof coffee is coffee, MCT oil and butter. I put more stuff in it so it’s BREAKFAST and also usually LUNCH.
Contributed byon .
Published 27. Sept. 2015
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa
- 1 heaping tbsp maca powder ( I ran out this morning. This adds a nutty taste and helps keep your hormones from raging–if your hormones are prone to that sort of behavior. There are blends that have both macca and cocoa in one mix.)
- 1 heaping tbsp hemp powder
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 heaping tbsp non-gelling gelatin — important! — see below.
- 1 tsp super-berry powder, such as maqui (optional. I like the slight berry flavor with the chocolate. Acai or blueberry would work too.)
- 1 1/2 cups coffee — whatever will fit in your cup
- Dump everything into your high-speed blender
- I superstitiously blitz on high for exactly 24 seconds. That seems about right.
- Pour into cup.
- Take the cup and yourself to work (optional). It also works if you simply drink it in your kitchen.
Enough for pretty much a whole day’s worth of energy.
Preparation time is approximately 7 minutes.
According to Chron-O-Meter, which is the calorie tracking tool I use for my ketogenic diet, this mix is:
87% fat — good for keto-ing the rest of the day
5 grams net carbs
13 grams of protein (from the hemp powder and gelatin)
Here’s the full breakdown:
About the gelatin:
There are two kinds of gelatin, one gels — the other dissolves. Most natural brands have both kinds: